Work With Us
Quantapore is building a new generation of DNA sequencer, capable of analyzing the encoded information in single DNA molecules. This machine will shape the course of biomedical research for years to come.
Building such a device requires a special breed of engineer. You will join a small, dedicated, highly skilled R&D team. Development is still in an early stage, and your insights and contributions will give shape to the ultimate product, and our ultimate success.
You will have primary responsibility for instrument control, instrument UI, and data acquisition. Your code will be at the heart of our shipping product.
- In depth knowledge of C++
- Experience with concurrency in C++
- A minimum of 5 years experience with C++ in industry. Greater experience is strongly preferred.
- Shipped at least one software product
- C++ development experience on both Windows and Linux
- Experience with BOOST
- Real time data acquisition
- Experience with biomedical instrumentation
- Linux internals and system programming
Nice to have, in some combination:
- Digital cameras
- GPU programming
Please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking an outstanding hardware engineer to develop measurement and control electronics for our sequencing instrument. The candidate will function in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment and will interact with material scientists, biochemists, and molecular biologists. The candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across functional units and be comfortable rapidly moving ideas from the whiteboard to the breadboard, taking a hands-on approach to rapidly build and validate new designs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop instrumentation requirements and specifications together with the R&D team
- Design, model, build, and test mixed analog and digital control and measurement boards for the sequencing instrument
- Drive relationships with external vendors for component sourcing, board assembly, testing/validation, or other services, as needed
- Analog circuit design and modeling (e.g., SPICE)
- Digital and embedded systems development (ADC/DAC, serial communication, etc.)
- Schematic design and PCB layout (proficiency in Eagle or equivalent)
- Soldering/board population, bring up, and testing
Education and Prior Experience:
- B.S. with 6+ years of experience or M.S. with 4+ years or Ph.D. with 2+ years in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Experienced in analog and digital/embedded systems product development within an R&D or new product development group
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Low current amplification and measurement design experience (picoammeter, feedback ammeter, electrophysiology/patch-clamp, etc.)
- Good knowledge of analog and digital filtering
- High bandwidth (MHz or below) circuit design
- FPGA development
- CAD (Solidworks, Autodesk, OnShape, or equivalent)
- EMI shielding best practices
Above all, the candidate must be a versatile engineer with a proven record of success in the design lab. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.